Tuesday, April 24, 2012
This past Sunday marked the first motorcycle swap meet of the year for Kansas City and the official start of spring, for me! I couldn't find the motivation to go sell stuff and I really didn't NEED anything, but I would feel left out if I didn't make an appearance. I did, however, find a way to spend around $60. There was much to behold! Here are a few bikes I liked. Billy about went home with this gem! If he had a truck, I'm sure he would have!
It's fun trying to make parts work that don't belong on a certain style of bike, especially after someone already tried. Re-mounted the tank, properly, to work with the new front end. Modified and re-mounted the seat to work with the tank. Happy with how everything came together. Progress...
Sunday, April 15, 2012
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Friday, April 6, 2012
This is my neighbor's 1973 Mach 1 Ford Mustang. He's selling to raise money for another purchase. 90,000 miles. Asking a very fair $8500. It's mostly original. Not a clone. Starts right up. Drive it home with no problems. It has a few blemishes, but most 40 year olds do. Here are the stats....
- 351 Cleveland, Holley 500 carb, auto trans.
- new brake system - everything
- new suspension and sway bar - shock towers in excellent shape
- suspension lowered about 1"
- rebuilt power steering pump, new gear box
- recent tune up - plugs, wires, points, etc.
Exterior / Interior:
- body / paint, overall, in very good condition. some minor blemishes.
- original wheels, good tires - about 80% tread left
- comes with rear window louver
- newer head liner and carpet
- seats and dash are in excellent condition
currently posted on kansas city craigslist, which may be the easiest way to contact, if interested
This is Jim's '83 Shovel. Basically, it's been sitting in a field for a while and hasn't run for even longer, not Jim's fault. Mission: to breath life back into the old Shovel and make it as reliable as possible. I accept.....
Sunday, April 1, 2012
It's frickin insane that I got to hang with the fam and friends, outside, today and it was actually kinda hot. Sounds like an April fools joke! We had a bag toss tournament and got to try out the new boards I made a couple months ago. I think they came out nice.
Posted by Tommy's Garage at Sunday, April 01, 2012