Wrigley Field

Wrigley Field
Wrigley Field - Home of the Chicago Cubs

Sunday, December 2, 2012

East Coast Trip 2012 - Day 3

    Tuesday, 8-14-12. Up at sunrise and headed toward Canton, the Football HOF, and some breakfast. Located the HOF and found a little cafe nearby, Samantha's Sunny Corner. It ended up being the best breakfast I would pay for on the whole trip. Went on down to the Pro Football HOF next. Spent a few hours looking at old balls! hahaha! Na, but for real, it was pretty cool.
    From there, wanted to try to get as close to Cooperstown, NY as possible, which meant crossing the entire state of Pennsylvania and then some. Got most of the way through PA, then decided to get off the interstate and do some mountain road exploring, since it had been balls to the wall since I left KC. This slowed me down a bit, but sooo glad I did it.... 55mph most of the way, rolling mountain roads, smooth pavement, no traffic, high speed corners, cool little towns, neat old homes, and alot of BIG ASS old barns and silos. Apparently there are no cities off of the beaten path. Every place I rode into was labeled as a "village".
    As it got close to dark, I realized I wasn't gunna reach my destination and there was a severe storm runnin up on me. Pulled off at a rest stop somewhere west of Oneonta, NY to see if I could find a place to set up camp. One word.... sketchy! There wasn't any real civilization anywhere close, keep that in mind. There was some 18-wheelers parked in the front, so I went way to the back, off the road, where there was a parking lot and a restroom with vending machines. Long story short, I found a spot back in the woods, but couldn't sleep because of all the lot lizards and creeps that were in and out for the next couple of hours. If you ever catch me out and about, have me to tell you the story. All the activity finally died off when the storm blew in and it whooped some ass! Got up just before sunrise, met an interesting city worker / rest stop creep, packed up camp and got the F outta dodge. Next stop..... breakfast and Cooperstown.

 Pro Football Hall of Fame, Canton, Ohio




#58 Derrick Thomas, Kansas City Chiefs
 Kansas City's only superbowl win.

 Thought it was cool that this made it into the HOF. Would have been better if it were a Raiders jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment